Sunday, February 20, 2022

Happy Birthday

Hi everyone

back again with another card using a 'new technique'.  I have been concentrating on using my stamps & dies that I have recently purchased .... and not packing them away so that they become NBUS (never before used schtuff) :)  

This is 'Take II' of a card made after watching a video from Natasha Foote on embossing vellum.  My previous card worked out okay, so I thought I would do another one.


First up, I ran vellum through the Cuttlebug using a Darice 'Ranunculus' embossing folder, and swiped all the raised bits with VersaMark Embossing Ink, then heat embossed with Gold embossing powder.   To attach the vellum without any noticeable 'sticky tape', I used some 'jac paper' (double sided sticky) to mount the vellum to the cardbase.

I stamped 'happy birthday' from 'Miss You Big Time' and diecut 3 layers, added a few bits of 'bling' in the center of the flowers, then gave the topper a black edge, like my previous card.



I used a lighter touch for the VersaMark ink this time, so the smudges & overflow was much less! 

Now I have a birthday card for the Sister-in-Law :)

I am quite pleased with this technique, although I am not sold on the black border :(


Cheers for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.