Sunday, February 20, 2022

Best Wishes

Hi everyone

back again with another card.  I have been bitten by the 'new technique' bug and have been concentrating on using my stamps & dies that I have recently purchased .... and not packing them away so that they become NBUS (never before used schtuff) :)  

I have been watching a few videos on YouTube ...... and I came across one from Natasha Foote on embossing vellum, so I thought I would give it a try.  In Natasha's video, this technique is used for a feature flower, but I have used it for just a one layer background.


First up, I ran vellum through the Cuttlebug using the Stylised flowers embossing folder, and swiped all the raised bits with VersaMark Embossing Ink, then heat embossed with Gold embossing powder.   To attach the vellum without any noticeable 'sticky tape', I used some 'jac paper' (double sided sticky) to mount the vellum to the cardbase.

I stamped 'best wishes' from 'Miss You Big Time' and diecut 3 layers, added a 'bling' flower centre to one flower, then gave the topper a thin black edge.   I didn't like the thin black line, so I made it wider and took it all the way to the edge.


There was a little bit of gold embossing overflow/smudges, but I am reasonably happy with the card, so I think I will have another try at this technique ........... stay tuned for 'take II'

Cheers for now!

Linking this card with:
Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.