Thursday, February 3, 2022

Sorry for your loss

Hello everyone, back again ....... I am on a roll!

Sympathy cards are usually hard for me to make, and I usually put it off until I actually need one, but I have been quite inspired with this new (to me) method of making my own backgrounds - it is quite liberating!  I was so pleased with my first attempts with my previous two cards, that I spent the afternoon just playing with inks & the water spray bottle!  some didn't work out as expected, but I was happy with most of them.  The bonus is that now I have a little stash I can work with for the future.

So here is one that was almost a 'dud', but a happy accident of smudging some silver ink on it made a real difference.


The background was made with Stampin Up inks - Old Olive, Garden Green & Summer Sun - sponged randomly onto a sheet of acetate, sprayed lightly with water.  

I was originally intending to use it as a full background, like my previous cards, but I felt that for this card, just a narrow strip of colour would be better and a Spellbinders long rectangle die was the perfect size.  A white embossed background was added - Embossing folder is Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles.

I mentioned a 'happy accident' earlier ...... while I was sponging the Delicata Silvery Shimmer ink on the edges of the embossed background, I dropped the ink pad onto my handmade background, which made a mark and when I tried to wipe it off, I noticed that there was a slight texture on the cardstock, so I smudged some more! I think it added just the extra 'something' I was looking for!  I sponged the outer edges as well to help define the strip more and I really like the way it turned out!


Sentiments stamped with black Staz On, 'sorry' die cut 3 times & layered then mounted with 3D foam squares.

The topper was placed on a silver cardbase which has been in my stash 'forever'.  All cardstock used in this project has been purchased from Blue Edge Crafts, here in South Australia ...... support local where you can!

Linking the above card with:





2 comments:

  1. Your handmade paper strip did turn out beautiful! It's always fun to see what you get with the smooshing technique. I like the silver splatters.

    Thanks for sharing your Hard to Say project with us at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just perfect. Simple and elegant. The background strip looks so nice on the embossed base. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.