Friday, December 17, 2021

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Hi everyone,

I am on a roll ............ here are some more Christmas Cards

Using up scraps of Christmas DSP from my stash cut into squares and inked with green along the edges, mounted onto a white square card base with foam tabs.


LOTV James Bear Pile of Presents - foiled in red, edge of topper inked with green along edges.
Linking with Color Hues #31 - Red & Green (I am not sure if it meets the challenge, but it did inspire my DSP selection and choice of inking around the edges) Anyway, it is always fun to play along!

I have a friend who doesn't celebrate Christmas, as such, but I wanted to send him a card, so I chose 'Happy New Year' - he has had a rough one, so I hope it cheers him up just a little :)


Drinks silhouette icons were printed & foiled in Red, edge of topper inked with red along edges, topper mounted onto Red Leathergrain cardbase using foam tabs. 

I really enjoyed making up this next card - colouring in is soooo theraputic LOL


Meljens Designs Christmas Tree, foiled with green, hand coloured with copics and highlighted with Kindy Glitz.  Topper edges inked with green, mounted onto green cardstock, which is then mounted onto white cardbase with foam tabs. 
Linking the above card with Time Out Challenges: #203 Inspirational (with layers) - since getting my Mini Minc, I have been inspired to make cards ..... which is really nice timing!


Watercolour image highlighted with kindy glitz, circular sentiment foiled in green, inked along edges with red, mounted with foam tabs onto red leathergrain cardstock.  A simple card, but I found myself singing the song while I was making the card LOL  

Linking with As you Like it Challenge: Favourite Christmas sentiment - "Merry Christmas" is usually my go to sentiment, but when I have the room, I like to use 'We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year' ....... I bet you sang that, didn't you LOL

Speaking of As You Like It ....... one of my previous cards, 'Jingle Owl the Way' was picked as 'Top 3'  my card HERE  such a thrill being selected - thank you!  I will wear my badge with pride :)

That's it from me for now, I have some more cards to finish off and hopefully get in the mail - stay tuned for more pics.

Cheers
CathyC

6 comments:

  1. What a great group of cards you have here, Cathy! As for the one for Color Hues...I love it! I am so glad you captured the shine of the cute bear and his packages so we could see the shimmer! The background looks great as well. Thanks for being with us and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful collection of cards. Love how shimmery and glimmery your Christmas tree is on the Time Out card. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely array of cards! James the Bear is charming and how pretty the stage you've created for him! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the Color Hues gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. In do love the little bit of sparkle in your christmastree! Makes it a special card! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the shine on your gorgeous cards! Thanks so much for sharing with us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous make, thanks so much for sharing and for joining the AYLI Christmas sentiment challenge. Hugs Squirrel

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.