Sunday, December 12, 2021

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I Finally got some inspiration and motivation (at the same time) to make some Christmas Cards ..... cruising around the various Challenge blogs I follow and having a new toy to play with, certainly helped!

So, first up is a card inspired by a sketch on Freshly Made Sketches #515

I ended up not including a sentiment, as no matter which one I used, I didn't think it looked right.

LOTV digital image 'Jingle Owl the Way', printed & foiled, then hand coloured with Copics and embellished with Kindy Glitz/Stickles.  Mounted with 3D foam dots onto white cardstock embossed with Cuttlebug musical notes folder and Christmas DSP from my stash - all mounted on Red, Leathergrain cardstock.

Linking this card with As You Like it Challenge: Favourite Christmas Embellishment with my FAVE embellishment for anything really being the Kindy Glitz/Stickles. 



This is a new 'circle flip' card base from Blue Edge Crafts (well new for me!)


'Tis the Season to Sparkle' foiled with green and placed on the circle opening, which just happened to fit the Spellbinders nesting circle dies I have !


Merry Christmas foiled in Red, cut out with Spellbinder circle dies, then mounted with double sided tape.  The Burgundy Bazzill cardstock on the front circle and the striped DSP I have had in my stash for absolutely AGES!  It is so good to use it up!

I was on a roll, so I made another one with the sentiments being flipped - Merry Christmas on the front, and Tis the Season to Sparkle on the inside - this time foiled with Gold (I think this is my fave :) ).




Linking these projects with:

NBUS #33 (never before used schtuff)  I have had these digital sentiments for quite a few years and now I have finally got around to using them!



Well, that's it from me for now .......... more cards to come soon!


4 comments:

  1. What nice cards, and it looks as if you had fun making them. Those flip cards are cool, aren't they? I love the "sparkle!"

    Thanks for sharing your Holiday Card with us at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The birds on the musical lines is such a wonderful image. You've colored it beautifully and I love it on the embossed background. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice holiday cards, I think I have one of those flip card dies in my stash!

    Thanks for sharing your holiday card(s) with us at the Cut it Up challenge blog.

    Treva
    https://scrappint.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Christmas designs, Cathy! I agree that your musical delight doesn't need a sediment; the great text pp and musical notes say it all! I also love your stripey flip cards! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Holiday Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.