Sunday, November 28, 2021

Happy Birthday x 2 & Happy Anniversary

It's getting to the pointy end of the year, LOL

November .......... it will be Christmas in a matter of weeks ....... where does the time go?

My Sister In-Law & Brother In-Law celebrate birthdays and their wedding anniversary in November & December, so we all usually get together for the triple celebration!

I am still playing with my Mini Minc and getting to know the various different settings to use when using the different cardstock.

So, first up, we have a birthday card for my Sister In-Law, inspired by a card I saw in a Newsagency ....
I had a play in Photoshop and came up with this ....



A mix of digital graphics printed on an ink jet, and shapes & text printed on a Laser, then foiled.  Layered onto patterned scrapbook paper, on white 300gsm card.  There are a few minor spots, but overall, I am pleased with the result.

Linking this card with:   Addicted to CAS: #21 - colourful

Next, we have a birthday card for my Brother In-Law, inspired by a card I saw online ....
I had another play in Photoshop and came up with this ...



Another mix of graphics printed on an ink jet, and shapes & text printed on a Laser, then foiled.  The foil finish is much nicer on this one!  Layered onto 300gsm cardstock with patterned paper as a background.

Then, after reading some more, and watching a few videos on YouTube ......
I tried something different ......


Anniversary card printed on Glossy Photo paper using an inkjet, then put through the laser printer for the text

Look at that foil finish!  just beautiful!

I tried all sorts of backgrounds for this card, then settled on gold foil cardstock - looks very speccy!

Linking with:  Inspired by Challenge: Photo&Colour

I think I am going to play more with this idea ..... it can still do with a bit of fine tuning!


Now to work on my Christmas Card stash.


Cheers everyone, stay safe, stay healthy!
Cathy

7 comments:

  1. I hear you about the speed of Christmas, it comes around so quickly. We are so happy you shared these beautiful cards in our gallery this week @IB. We can inspire each other to send handmade this year and your recipients of these beauties will be so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The happy couple are going to flip over this gorgeous anniversary card, Cathy! You really do have a way with that machine that I never could!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what pretty roses! This is a marvelous anniversary card, Cathy. Thanks so much for joining us at IB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your foiling looks terrific! A trio of beautiful cards. Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great Birthday card for any occasion! Thanks for being with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful collection of cards, Cathy! I love all the angled frames and gorgeous roses! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.