Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Happy little vegemite!

I have been having some fun in the Girl Cave this last few days!

A while back, in September 2018, I did some experiments with foiling using my printer and a laminator, and whilst there was a reasonable level of success, I was never really completely happy with my results.


Fast forward to October 2021, and I came across a 2nd hand Mini Minc on Facebook Marketplace that was in a suburb fairly close to me, so I bit the bullet and got it.

After watching some videos from Nancy Stamps YouTube, I realised I had been using the wrong foil!!!  I had the 'heat reactive' foil (GoPress) and I should have been using 'toner reactive' foil. 

Well, I did a quick trip to Spotlight and got me some lovely Heidi Swapp 'gold' foil and had a bit of a play!

This was my first attempt with the right foil ..... nearly there, I forgot to 'dusty, dusty' LOL


I had a few ideas running though my head where I wanted to have colour graphics with foil highlights.


The following image is my fave  :) 


So, now that I have figured out my Mini Minc and am using the correct foil for the system I am using, I am about to start on some Christmas Cards - stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.