Thursday, August 6, 2009

Magnolia Down Under #19 - Winter

Over on MagnoliaDownUnder the current challenge is to make a card using a magnolia image with a winter theme.
I have just got a whole new batch of magnolia images and thought this would be the perfect opportunity to use Tilda & Edwin ice skating!
When I think of winter, I think of snow and ice skating. We don't get quite that cold where I live, so I have to rely on memory for my one trip to the snow when I was a teenager ;-)
this layout has been inspired by the Creatalicious Sketch again!
Metallic square card used as a base, 'winter wonderland' vellum used as background, panel embossed by cuttlebug using snowflakes folder.
Magnolia image coloured in with watercolours and highlighted with kindy glitz.
I used material paint for cuffs to imitate fur - not too sure it was successful ;-(
Snowflake was cut out using my CraftROBO and highlighted with a pearl.

8 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous,such a beautiful colour combo and love the extra detail you have added!!! Fabulous take on the sketch!! Thanks for entering the Creatalicious DT challenge.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great colours...you are getting very clever with your photography also..love the details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, beautiful card. Lovely colours you used. I've never tried colouring with watercolour myself, but your colouring looks wonderful. Great job with your vellum and cuttlebug.
    Thanks for joining us at MDUC.

    Hugs.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww so gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at MDU.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work - I love skaters!!! Love the bling and the DP is perfect!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous creation once again. Love the glitz. Thanks for joining us at MDUC.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card Cathy. I love the purple and blue. The glitter is perfect, as is the fur.
    Hugs xx
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really pretty! I love the purple (of course!). Thanks for playing along at MDUC :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.