Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy 14th Birthday Peter!

Today is my nephew's 14th Birthday - where did the time go?

I have been working on this card for about three weeks now - working on the idea, getting the image just right, then making a GSD file to cut on the CraftROBO.

I was inspired by this card over on SCS, but as I didn't have that particular template, I had to make my own.  My card is not as jazzy as the electric one ;-), but mine is a more sedate accoustic guitar, as this is what Peter is learning just now.  Who knows what will be next - his parent's have objected to drums ;-)

Finally, my card has come together and I am happy with it - I think!  Now that I see the photos, I could have smoothed the edges a bit better!











Strings have been added with sewing thread.

The gold circle is actually from a sticker sheet with sailing boats on it ;-)

The inside has received some treatment - unfortunately, I know nothing about music, so I am not sure what sequence of notes I have determined here in the placement of the gold stickers ;-)

Here is the back!

We are off to have a combined Birthday/Easter celebration BBQ later this afternoon - the weather this weekend has been perfect!

We get an extra hour today ;-)  We have finally finished our Daylight Saving Time here in Adelaide - YAY!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow....this is so fantastic Cathy. You have put lots of thought into this card. Love the background on your blog also.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.