Thursday, September 10, 2026

You're never more than a thought away

I had the opportunity to try a new technique - well new to me - floating strips.
 
I came across a few lovely examples around the blogs and then set about making a card.
 
 
I cut up some strips from a handmade background that I wasn't particularly happy with that has been in my stash for a while.  I traced one of my circle dies on a piece of paper, placed a piece of acetate on top, then positioned the strips over the circle using Connect Glue.  I then cut out a large circle from the acetate using Spellbinder nested circles dies.


I placed foam tape behind the strips and positioned the circle towards the top of the cardfront.
 
I positioned a die cut of a water windmill received in a CraftMad swap many years ago, and has been sitting in my stash waiting for the perfect opportunity, on top of the circle.  I then stamped the sentiment from Stampin Up Whimsical Words. 
 
A final scatter of bling to finish off! 
 
Linking the above card with the following challenges: 
 
 

Thank you for visiting my blog today - I hope you have a good day.
Remember, any day doing something you love makes it a good day ;-)
Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.