Sunday, March 6, 2022

Happy Birthday Sharon

It's my Sister-in-Law's birthday during February, around the same time as our Wedding Anniversary.  

We usually get together to celebrate as a family, and this year was no different other than it was a little bit later than normal!  But hey, we got there in the end!

I have been really trying to be more creative with my cards and trying new techniques - one such technique from Natasha Foote caught my eye :)  

In her video titled We can use WHATEVER you have Natasha shares a technique of placing multiple diecut stamped images close together then cutting them out in a heart shape using a heart die.  I don't have a heart die, but I was quite taken with the end result.

So using what I have on hand, I stamped and coloured in my images with Copics and then die cut them.  

As I didn't have a heart shape, I used an oval Spellbinders Die as my shape and placed all the die cuts accordingly.  A little touch of Kindy Glitz here and there and the empty spaces were filled in with some bling (of course).  As the card seemed a bit bare, I sponged the background to give the oval a bit more definition.



The sentiment is from Inkadinkado 'Cupcake' stamp set.
The sweet goodies are from Lawn Fawn 'Sweet Plushies'
Cardstock from BlueEdge Crafts.

Linking with:
Time Out Challenges: #208 Birthday Challenge

1 comment:

  1. What a cute card! All your food items are so cute and I really like your use of ink to create a border. Thanks for playing at Time Out!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.