Saturday, January 15, 2022

Hello

Hi everyone

Happy New Year to you & yours!  I hope you are well and have managed to stay Covid free!

I have started the year with a new technique - one of my Facebook groups is trying a 'Technique Tuesday' encouraging members to try something new.

I also recently discovered Natasha Foote on YouTube and her Facebook group 'Crafting with Natasha'

Inspiration has hit:  I had a play with some of my trusted embossing folders and I made the 'four panel card' found HERE


I made my own background with only 3 ink colours and 'spritzed' them with water.  I cut the panels first, then embossed, sponging the darker colour over all the raised bits; and because I didn't measure properly ..... LOL ..... I inked the edges of all the panels.   What is that old saying? .... Measure twice & cut once!

Some 3D embellishments I have had for 10 years or more were added as the front feature.  I really struggled with the choice & placement of the sentiment (above), but finally settled on a stacked die-cut 'hello'.  This die is very delicate, so I have stacked it with 3 layers - it gives it a bit more substance.


I really like the way this card came together with the combination of big & small panels.  I have even chosen big & small patterns in the embossing folders.

Linking with:
Cut it up Challenge #243 - anything goes
Alphabet Challenge : U is for unequal


Here's hoping I get some more time in my craftroom over the weekend and strike while the 'inspiration' iron is hot!




4 comments:

  1. Just love your card! A perfect display for our unequal theme, and the colors and textures are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white Hello looks so much better than your original sentiment. It's lighter and pops really nicely off that gorgeous background you created. That's a fun technique, and it turned out so pretty! I'm sure you'll use it again. And congrats for using such "vintage" stock!

    Thanks for sharing your awesome project with us at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've created a wonderful card, I love the floral motif and all the colours you used. The embossed squares make such a great background. Even though the patterns are very different, they complement each other nicely. I like how your little white "hello" goes from side to side of your card - it may be a coincidence, but to me it looks like the sentiment literally holds everything together. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

    Hugs, Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really pretty. Those panelled shapes are perfect for our 'unequal' theme - what a great idea. Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge. Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.