Saturday, October 8, 2011

Birthday Cards

It was my birthday yesterday and it started with an early morning phone call from my Dad at 6:30 am!  Dad likes to do thing 'when he thinks of them' ;-)

There were also heaps of birthday messages on my Facebook page - what a lovely way to start the day ;-)

Hubby took his RDO (rostered day off) and we had a lovely day together.  We had a leisurely breakfast, and while he pottered about I got some crafting and blogging done.  Sorted some fabrics ready for my next two swap blocks, watched a TV show we had recorded earlier, and then went out to eat and have a few drinks (drinks for me - he is designated driver ;-))

I also received some lovely unexpected birthday cards and thought I would show them here


from my friend John - regular readers will detect a theme for our cards -
HERE is the one I sent him in July ;-)

This one is from Merry, longtime CraftMad friend and DT leader for UnstampaBelles.

I will be posting pics of my sewing over the weekend - Bathurst Car Racing is on - a perfect opportunity for me to squirrel myself away in the craft room and sewing room.



3 comments:

  1. Love that champagne bottle card Cathy. I too have plans of crafting while Cars are racing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday to you, meant to stop by yesterday apologies for not, hope it was a swell day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card... and thanks for following. I am your newest follower now :-)

    ~Michele~
    jamcrafts4u.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.