Sunday, March 14, 2010

High School Friends catch up - PAGTHS

I don't normally post anything too personal here, but I thought I would post this pic of some of my high school friends (1974-1978) from Port Adelaide Girls Technical High School.

In 2008, I was on the committee to organise a whole of school reunion.  The school was operational from 1925 through to 1995.  The reunion was a complete success, with over 700 people attending.  I have so many wonderful photos and memories from that day ;-)

Since then, a small group of us have met up every few months and we have a lunch out somewhere.  It is usually a whole lot of laughs, a whole lot of reminiscing and a good time is had by all.  

This particular photo was taken by Linda - I can't believe I forgot my camera - I will remember next time.


From left to right:  Maureen, Christine, Jill, Rosana, Karen, Julia, Penny, Alison, Linda, Cathy (me)

We had a lovely meal at The Brompton Hotel - the food was nice, but a little expensive for the serving size.  I had the Salt & Pepper Squid at $23.00 and I had to ask if it was the main meal size, not the entree :-)  should have gone for the chicken burger or schnitzel parmy ;-)   Will know better next time.

HERE is my older post with a photo of our group at the 2008 reunion. 

If any of you out there are pondering about catching up with old friends from high school .......... do it, even though you may not have been 'bestest friends' back then, I am sure you will find you all have something in common now and will have a lot of fun sharing some old stories.  Who knows, you may even find something out that you didin't realise back then ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.