The nephew celebrated his 24th Birthday on the weekend.
I know I say it every year, but ....... where does the time go? It is going by so fast!
Anyway...... onto the card I made for him.
I have been fine-tuning my foiling process and think I have got the perfect combination of settings, paper and sandwiches.
I
designed the card in Photoshop, so that I could select which layers to
print using the Laser printer (for the sentiment) and the ink jet
printer (for the colour).
The balloons were
printed first on Epson glossy photo paper, then I waited a little while
to make sure the ink was completely dry.
The sentiment was printed using the Brother Mono Laser printer, then I ran it through the Mini Minc.
The
sandwich I have got the most success with is: the photo paper with the gold foil on top, then a
layer of Reflex copy paper, all placed in a Minc carrier sheet. Heat
setting on the Minc was '3' and turned on ate least 10 minutes before it was needed. I made sure the card was completely cool
before peeling off the foil ..... hey presto... perfect foil!
I also foiled the inside sentiment for something different this year.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.