Tuesday, September 13, 2011

SOLVED - Blogger troubles with comments and/or signing in or out ;-)

Hi everyone

as my previous post mentioned, I have been having no end of troubles with Blogger, so much so, I was thinking of moving over to Wordpress   ;-(

this problem seemed to relate to IE and blogger and a few rogue cookies ;-)

for a few days I could not log in - blogger help suggested clearing cache, cookies, etc - so I did that, as well as the suggested workaround to log in and untick 'remember me'.  This seemed to solve the issue of not being able to log in, but did not do anything to resolve the issue of not being able to leave a comment.

After following some of the suggestions mentioned in Blogger Help - clear cache, cookies, etc, etc I developed a new problem on Monday - I could NOT LOG/SIGN OUT, in order to log/sign in and untick the 'remember me' option.

After wading through Blogger help, and reading some very helpful posts by nitecruzr, I had a glimmer of hope!

In IE, Tools, Internet Options, Browsing History, I deleted temporary internet files, cookies, internet history AND unticked preserve favourites websites data! 

ta da!   I have been able to log in and log out, and leave a comment on a blog I have been having issues with for the last two weeks!


nitecruzr has some great information about the nitty gritty of blogging - a lot of it went over my head - but I learned enough to fix my blogger issues. 

Nitecruzr blog address here: http://blogging.nitecruzr.net/  

Thank you nitecruzr


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been very busy trying to solve this problem Cathy. Glad you found a light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it has been hard trying to log in and leave comments. You definately were not alone on this.
    Moving to wordpress or live journal would not have helped. I tried that.
    I fixed mine by downloading google chrome for IE. At least after I downloaded it I was able to log in and leave comments and since have had no problem. I am seeing alot of duplicate comments and thats due to the same issues. But alas I am able to log in and everything is back to normal

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.