Sunday, August 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Lynn!

I consider myself very lucky to still be friends with some of the people I went to primary school with - one of them being Lynn, a girl I used to do calisthenics with as well, has celebrated her 50th Birthday.

It is so great that we have been able to keep in touch - thanks to modern technology ;-)

So, here is the card I made for her.




The verse reads:

A Birthday Workout


Hike across green Ireland;
Bike the USA;
Backpack through New Zealand,
But don’t call it a day…

Do yoga in lovely Paris;
Jump rope in Katmandu;
Avoid Italian pasta,
(Well, maybe taste, but don’t you chew!)

Climb atop Mt. Everest;
Do aerobics on China’s Wall;
Lift weights on Mexican Beaches;
And honey, that’s not all…

Shake your booty with native dances
In Fiji and Bora Bora;
Move your body and exercise
Like you’ve never done befora.

Okay; that’s good; you’re finished;
Now you can take a break;
You’ve finally burned enough calories
To have your birthday cake!

By Joanna Fuchs



Here we are at Lynn's birthday 1970 (we think!).....

and here we are 40 years later!



2 comments:

  1. Cathy, we still look just as good (if not better hey?). Thank you for sharing my night with me. It was lovely to have you and Iain there and I appreciate having you in my life.
    Love
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a wonderful thing to be in contact with primary school friends. How lucky you are still to know each other. Wonderful card Cathy and love the verse.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.