Friday, June 17, 2011

Thank You Margaret in Wales - long post ;-)

As mentioned in a previous post, my Uncle Frank (mum's brother) passed away on 18th May 2011.

My Uncle lived in Connahs Quay, Wales.  My Aunty (mum's remaining sister) is in Southport and has been a great help in providing what little information she knows.  Being so far away is a real pain in the A#$%. 

My Aunty came out in 1982, 1985 with the whole family, and by herself again in 2004 & 2006, but I only really knew my Uncle from his stay here in Australia in 1993 and I would have loved to spend more time with him - I had been secretly hoping for a visit to UK to see him again, but that was not meant to be.

In the last 10 years or so, his health had been failing, but he had a wonderful neighbour, Margaret, who helped him with things.  If she was going down to the shops, she would pop in and see if he needed anything.  Any other errands he needed, I understand she often provided transport and other sorts of assistance.

I have never met this lady, but I felt the need to write her a short letter and thank her for all the help she gave Francis.

Whenever we spoke on the phone, he always mentioned her and what she had done for him that particular week.  I hope that Margaret knows how much Francis appreciated her assistance - it was more than he got from his own family.  It seems there has been a bit of a rift in the family but I don't know any of the details.




At least now, he is at peace and is not in pain anymore.

Here is the card I made for her.







I had actually sat down on several occasions to make a card for Margaret over the last two weeks, but nothing came to me.  Today, it just came together like a dream.  
I was actually making a card for a card swap and inspiration hit ;-)  Isn't that the way? 


Have you ever ordered flowers via Interflora online?  I hadn't done it before, so I was a little reluctant, but figured, it needs to be done.  So I got online to Interflora and had a look around.  I selected the UK option to see what was available and finally picked the following arrangement to send to my Aunty.



The following is what actually got delivered!


I know I sound surprised, but whilst I was hoping I was going to get what I selected and paid for, I was honestly expecting a slightly inferior product.

Thank you so much Interflora for restoring my faith in doing business online.

That's my rambling for now - I am off to my sewing room to get some sewing done - I need to take up some jeans ready for a Quiz Night on Saturday night.





Don't forget to check out the new UnstampaBelles Challenge Blog - see post at top.

1 comment:

  1. Cathy...that is such a beautiful card you have created for your Uncle's neighbour. What a lovely thought to send her a Thank You card...I am sure it will be greatly appreciated. I have to say Cathy...I am amazed at how alike the flower displays are....great work Interflora. Have a fun quiz night.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.