Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas preparations have finally commenced


Hi everyone

well, here we are the first week of December and I have finally made a start on my Christmas To Do List.

I started my Christmas shopping this week - 5 down, 7 to go!

My 2009 Christmas letter to be included with all the christmas cards has been typed up.

I have made my first Christmas decoration for the year!  A sequence of random?? events led to this decoration.  I received some lovely instructions using the Spellbinders Fleur de Lis pendant die from Kaye over on CraftMad , I had some Crafting Money to spend and had just placed an order with Blue Edge Crafts for that very same die, and then it seemed to pop up everywhere while I was doing my usual searching the net for inspiration.  So, I think it was meant to be that I had a go at this one!


The instructions I followed can be found here - thank you so much to Kaye for initially bringing it to my attention and to Becca of amazingpapergrace for her wonderful instructions & inspiration.


I must say that this decoration nearly did not come about - it took a while for me to get my head around the various scoring lines and folds ;-)  Top Tip:  watch the video first, it makes following the step by step instructions so much easier!



I didn't have a large pearl brad, so I made something up with my beading supplies.


I have also been busy making a few birthday cards and catching up on my swap cards for CraftMad.




This is my card for my very patient CraftMad swap partner Beth - I don't think Beth visits my blog so I am safe.  These cards will be in the post on Monday!

The swap was 2 cards with a theme of spring, 2 circles and 3 flowers.  It took a while to find motivation with this swap, I actually threw away my first card ................ but I got there in the end.



Stampin' Up Pocket of Posies stamped with black Stazon on background paper and cut out, highlighted with chalks and mounted using 3D tape.  Stems were hand drawn and highlighted with chalk.  Circles of white cardstock and bazzil bling cut using spellbinder dies & cuttlebug. Background paper distressed a bit on the edges, and spotted ribbon added.




Second card stamped & heat embossed Stampin' Up Flutterbys, circles cut out using spellbinders & cuttlebug.  DP with distressed edges and paper flowers with bling added.  Peel Off stickers used for sentiment and white border added with white gel pen.



I just love the effect of the Two Step stamping and believe that The Stampers Buddy purchased from TheStampTrap at the Quilt & Craft Show when it came to Adelaide in 2008 is one of the most useful tools I have ever purchased!

DP, stickers, cardstock & bazzil bling all purchased from Blue Edge Crafts

The birthday cards I have made are for my BIL & SIL - I won't post these today, as they do occasionally visit my blog and I don't want to spoil the surprise!  I am also working on a wedding anniversary card for them ................ so I must step away from the computer and relocate to my craft room to finish the card!  Nothing like leaving it to the last minute for inspiration!   :-)


1 comment:

  1. I especially love that 3D Snowflake idea, very cool indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.