Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sympathy Cards

Sadly, I have had the need for several sympathy cards this week :-(

My Sister-in-Law's uncle passed away after having a stoke a short time ago.  He was a nice man - we had chatted with him many times at various family gatherings over the years.  He will be greatly missed by his family.

Here are the cards I have made:
Supplies used:  SU Elegant Eggplant, white cardstock embossed with cuttlebug, spellbinders square dies, paper flowers, silk ribbon.
Supplies used:   Dark Green Leathergrain cardstock, gold heat embossed handstamped, handcut 3D layered gladiolis stamped on pearl paper, gold sticker embellishments.
Supplies used:   Textured white cardstock base, bazzil bling, white cardstock through cuttlebug, white organza ribbon, silver sticker sentiment, Carl corner punch.








Supplies Used:  Textured white cardstock base, hand stamped hand coloured image on white cardstock, layered on pink cardstock, bling & embellishments added.  Sentiment stamped.

My friend and former work colleague, Julie Lydiard (nee Chapman), passed away after a long battle with cancer.  Two years ago, they told her to go home and put her affairs in order.  Julie had different ideas, so she went about her life as fully as she could.  She tackled everything with good spirits and always had a smile on her face.  Julie will be missed.

Here is a card I sent to Julie just 3 months ago ............  after she had broken her leg ;-(

The iris is a handcut layered 3D image, placed on a cuttlebug background, then placed on a C6 card.


I am working on a card for Julie's husband and daughter this afternoon - it is proving difficult to get started - time for a glass of wine, pity I don't have any sparkling red!

The iris is Julie's favourite flower, and her favourite dessert is Tiramisu, and as you can most probably tell, she is never far from my thoughts - everytime I see irises, I think of her.


Farewell Madam Lunchalot, I miss your smiley face!  Go the Power!







8 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of these losses Cathy.

    Beautiful cards you have created...all of them special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG such sad time for all,the cards are gorgeous and I am sure will be appreciated!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to hear of your losses hun, your cards that you have made are beautiful. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi cathy my name is margo and i am one of julies sisters. i just stumbled onto your website what beautiful cards you make thanks for being julies friend and thanks for caring

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your lovely comment Margo. I hope Blue & Jess are doing OK. Julie is never far from my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cathy, it's Jessie here (Julie's daughter).

    Like Auntie Margo, I also just stumbled upon this page! I remember the card you made and I remember how much Mum appreciated it. I love your little memorium to Mum (even if it has me all teary now!!).

    Can you believe it's been almost 3 years? I think about her every day still. Oh and in answer to your question, life is great for me.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jessie, lovely to hear from you ;-) I hope Blue is doing OK too. Thank you for your lovely words, you would most probably be surprised just how often I think of Julie, I really do miss her smiley face ;-(

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.