Friday, March 17, 2017

Feeling Blue .... A Sympathy Card

Sadly, I was in need of yet another sympathy card.

My regular readers may remember my CraftMad friends and the retreat I went to in Queensland in 2014, well ..... our wonderful Hostess with the Mostess has lost her husband, Ron.


Ron was a wonderful man; he put up with all of us women nattering & crafting away :)  I am so glad I had the pleasure of meeting him!   RIP Ron, no longer in pain.

Ofcourse, I had to make a card, and strangely enough, this card came together quickly and was almost an enjoyable process - I found myself smiling at the memories I have of him - such a strange feeling!  I think it was because I was making it for someone who I knew that would really appreciate and treasure a handmade card :)

Front

Details

mixing stamps

My heart goes out to Kaye and her family.


Items Used:
Stamps:  Stampin' Up Heartfelt Thanks, PaperCraft clear cling stamp 'sympathy'
Cardstock: Stampin' Up Bordering Blue, Night of Navy: white cardstock from Blue Edge Crafts
Inks:  StazOn Black Ink, Little Inker Dark Blue  and VersaMark Baby Blue
Embellishments:  Kindy Glitz, Black & White Ribbon



Thank you for visiting my blog today - I hope you have a good day.
Remember, any day doing something you love makes it a good day ;-)

Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Cathy, I felt the same making my card for Kaye. Interestingly I went with blue too although it looks black in the photo. The flower image you have used is pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...