Thursday, May 14, 2009

Magnolia Down Under Challenge 11

Over on MDU the challenge is to make a 'thinking of you' card using a Magnolia image.
I have recently received some new new magnolia images in a swap with Merry and I have been looking forward to the opportunity to colour them in.
the background paper came from my 'stash' - which is slowly getting smaller, especially now that I have sorted it into different colours and put them in stacking baskets. It makes the creative process a little bit easier now ;-)
Image was coloured in using watercolour pencils and highlighted with chalks. It has not turned out the colour I was imagining when I started, but I think I am happy with it. Image was then layered on marone leathergrain card and mounted onto background with mounting dots.
Background paper was layered on marone leathergrain card. Thinking of You rub-ons were placed on tag, edges highlighted with chalk and threaded on ribbon from 'stash'.
I am thinking it needs a fine border around the oval - I am hesitant to add anything more, but it feels 'incomplete' to me. What do you think?
EDITED: I am so pleased - my card made the Top 3

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card - love the subtle colours and the beautiful background! Tilda looks so serene sitting there.
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm Im sure I left a comment already?? OH well will leave another, I love this card It has a real antique feel to it.
    Thanks for playing in MDUC
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful,love the papers and LO,and your colouring is perfect!!! Thanks for joining us at MDUC.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.